With the natural growth of our network, and as we increasingly have credit unions with more complex portfolios, we have found that our current two-digit loan category code system does not meet the needs of our clients. This is a limitation we have wanted to overcome, so we are moving to an alpha-numeric loan category code, effectively expanding the number of codes available from 99 to over 1,200.
With this release we have accomplished Step 1 of this process – making the file changes necessary for the expansion. This sounds like a simple change, but in fact it is quite a major undertaking since it required that we make changes to many CU*BASE files. In fact over 841 CU*BASE and over 1,600 custom programs were touched with this release! As you can see, this release was a mammoth effort!
You won’t actually see any changes with this release (meaning don’t try to create alphabetic codes just yet), but this will set the stage for the remaining changes that you will see in the upcoming 11.0 release.
· FSCC Shared Branching Transaction Receipts Now Reformatted with Masking and for ProDOC –FSCC receipts are now standardized to match our CU*BASE receipt format. This reformatting allows us to mask the member’s account number on these receipts, just as with other receipts printed from our system. (Carswell Printers: When an FSCC account has a non-standard 10-digit account number, the same number of digits will be masked; one extra digit will appear unmasked).
· OFAC Scan Run on Loan Disbursement Check Payees - With the 10.3 Release, we introduced OFAC scans on payees of corporate checks printed via Phone Operator. With this release, we have expanded this feature and will also run OFAC scans on payees of loan disbursement checks printed via Lending Menu (MNLOAN) #2-Disburse Member Loan Funds.
· OFAC and Blocked Person Scans on Members Added via Pre-Member Lending – CU*BASE will now run OFAC and Blocked Person scans on all non-members added during pre-member lending. The scans will follow new membership workflow controls and occur directly after the non-member information is entered.
· Save Button Moved When Adding a Tracker Conversation – Tracker users take notice! Based on a special request by the members of our Collections Round Table, the F5-Save/Continue button has turned blue and is now in the lower right hand corner of the Member Tracker Entry screen (next to where you view previous conversation text). While this is not a change in functionality for keyboard users, this enhancement should assist mouse-users in accurately selecting the Save button. (The old position put the Save button directly next to the Backup button, making it a bit too easy to lose all of the text you just typed.)
· Origin Code of Reversed Transactions Changed to 08 – Transaction reversals will now be indicated by an Origin Code of 08.
· Changes to Loan Security Code Analysis Report – The credit card sections of the Loan Security Code (Reports D Menu (MNRPTD) #3- Loan Security Code Analysis) are now broken down by member accounts (by security code), rather than the previous breakdown by credit card detail (by bucket). Additionally, loans with a zero-dollar balance will no longer appear in the results.