Determine Why Fee Was Charged
These steps explain how to determine why a member account incurred a fee (i.e. NSF fee, etc.).
- If after performing the steps below you still cannot determine why a fee was charged, contact a CU*Answers client service representative.
1. Review the transaction history of the account by checking the available balance at the time of the transactions and by viewing the secondary transaction description for available balance information.
2. Review the uncollected funds holds (including check holds) and the uncollected funds holds history (for holds that were placed at the time of the transaction).
3. Review the secured funds holds (including pledged holds) and the secured funds holds history (for holds that were placed at the time of the transaction
4. Determine why overdraft protection did not transfer funds.