Issue Cashier's Check via Shared Branching
These steps explain how to issue a cashier's check for a CO-OP shared branching member.
- These steps assume the funds for the cashier's check are already in the member's account. If the member does not have sufficient funds, you will first need to perform a separate deposit transaction before following the steps below.
- If an eReceipt appears after posting the transaction, have the member sign the signature pad. Then print and save the receipt.
1. Launch tool #1: Teller Line Posting.
2. Enter your employee ID and password.
3. Click the SB Network button at the bottom of the screen.
4. On the Shared Branching Network screen, select the credit union to which the shared branching member belongs.
5. Click Select.
The credit union you selected will then be highlighted and a number of fields will appear below.
6. Enter the member's account number in the Account # field.
7. From the Membership drop-down menu, select the type of member you are serving.
8. In the Select request field, enter the code that corresponds to the type of account you wish to access.
9. Click the forward arrow.
10. On the Shared Branching Network - Member Verification pop-up, enter the member's identification information or leave the pop-up blank, depending on your credit union procedures.
11. Click the forward arrow.
12. Click the Deposit/Withdrawal button on the Shared Branching Network funds in screen to proceed to the next screen.
13. On the Shared Branching Network deposit/withdrawal screen, in the Withdrawal Amount field corresponding to the account from which the member would like the funds withdrawn, enter the amount of the cashier's check.
14. Enter 'C' in the Proc Code field.
15. Click Post.
16. Fill in the Pay to the Order of fields with the payee name and address.
17. Fill in the Remitter field with a remitter name or other information, if requested by the member.
18. Click Post.
19. Click the forward arrow on the OFAC Name Breakdown screen to run the OFAC scan.
20. Click the forward arrow on the OFAC Scan results pop-up to continue.
21. Click the forward arrow on the Confirm pop-up showing you the results of the shared-branching transaction.